Mrs. Haynie's 6th Grade
6th grade Google Meet Links and Join Codes
ROOM 203 ELA
Join class: wfrkiys
ROOM 204 ELA
Join class: 3fk67ld
ROOM 206 ELA
Join class: wqb33m5
ROOM 203 Social Studies
Join class: igx6dlz
ROOM 204 Social Studies
Join class: https://meet.google.com/kuo-cizb-bwe
ROOM 206 Social Studies
Join class: evvoyqb
ROOM 203 Math
Join class: oc3cu3v
ROOM 204 Math
Join class: https://meet.google.com/lookupbynxiko7ya
ROOM 206 Math
Join class: https://meet.google.com/lookup/cd4lxzd7oi
Afternoon Meet: https://meet.google.com/nqy-mgxj-jho
6th Grade Virtual Learning Expectations
The expectations stated below are informed by lessons learned, stakeholder feedback, ISBE guidance, and emerging best practices. The aim is to ensure that students experience rigorous, quality learning on a daily basis, engage in experiences that prioritize their social-emotional wellbeing, and that students and families have a clear understanding of expectations and how to successfully engage in remote learning.
- Students are expected to be on time to their Google classes, and to remain in their class for the full period. (Attendance will be taken daily at the start of the day or class period, and will be maintained as is traditionally done during in-person instruction.) Students will need a good clock with correct time as they are expected to switch classes. The Google link is only active as long as the teacher is in class. Once the teacher leaves, the link is disabled.
- Students are expected to remain engaged and active through the duration of all synchronous learning portions of the daily lessons.
- Students should wear earbuds to block out interferences while in class.
- Students are expected to have their camera on, seated in a chair, in a dedicated space, and with their back to a wall (if possible) during online learning.
- Students are expected to mute their microphone unless otherwise instructed.
- Although most of the online learning work will be submitted through Google classroom, students should
come to class with paper and something to write with.
- Students are expected to do QUALITY work. School work should be completed and submitted on time. Grades are being logged in Aspen and will remain permanent.
- Students are expected to follow their schedule and attend Preps EVERY DAY.
- Students are expected to do their homework EVERY day. Students will need a book for reading practice.
DO-OVERS ARE ALLOWED. You may redo most assignments or tests/quizzes if you are not happy with your grade on it. Please make sure to check with your teacher before re-doing an assignment.
Online learning is a collaborative effort. In order for your child to be successful this year in 6th grade, we ALL have to work together.
- PLEASE reach out to your child’s teacher if you have questions, or need assistance with online learning.
- PLEASE register for ALL of your child’s teachers’ websites so you can have up-to-date information. (https://www.efyounges.com/)
- PLEASE make sure EACH of your child’s teachers has your Google email, so you can be registered for the Google classrooms which will send you the weekly updated report on your child’s learning.